It is based on the Wiznet W5100 Ethernet chip providing a network (IP) stack capable of both TCP and UDP. The Arduino Ethernet Shield supports up to four simultaneous socket connections.
- With this Ethernet Shield, any Arduino board can be used to connect to the Internet.
- It can be used as server or client.
- Directly plug puzzle board, no soldering required.
- Controller: w5100.
- This is the latest version of the Ethernet Shield.
- Based on the Wiznet W5100 Ethernet Chip, the shield gives you an easy way to get your Arduino online.
- Directly supported by Arduino official Ethernet Library.
- Adds a micro-SD card slot, to store files for serving over the network.
- Compatible with the Arduino Duemilanove (168 or 328), Uno as well as Mega (1280/2560), accessible using the SD library.
- The Wiznet W5100 provides a network (IP) stack capable of both TCP and UDP.
- Supports up to four simultaneous socket connections.
- Uses the Ethernet library to write sketches which connect to the internet using the shield.