7905 IC is an negative 5V regulator, meaning it provides -5V as output. The name 7905 signifies two meaning, 79 means that it is a negative voltage regulator and 05 means that it provides 5V as output. So our 7905 will provide a -5V output voltage
- 5V Negative Voltage Regulator.
- Output Voltage: -5V.
- Output Current: 1.5A.
- Minimum Input Voltage is 7V.
- Maximum Input Voltage is 25V.
- Operating current(IQ) is 5mA.
- Internal Thermal Overload and Short circuit current limiting protection is available.
- Junction Temperature maximum 125 degree Celsius.