This 7805 of fixed-voltage integrated-circuit voltage regulators is designed for a wide range of applications. These applications include on-card regulation for elimination of noise and distribution problems associated with single-point regulation. Each of these regulators can deliver up to 1 A of output current. The internal current-limiting and thermal-shutdown features of these regulators essentially make them immune to overload. In addition to use as fixed-voltage regulators, these devices can be used with external components to obtain adjustable output voltages and currents, and also can be used as the power-pass element in precision regulators.
7805 Regulator Features :
- 5V Positive Voltage Regulator.
- Minimum Input Voltage is 7V.
- Maximum Input Voltage is 25V.
- Operating current(IQ) is 5mA.
- Internal Thermal Overload and Short circuit current limiting protection is available.
- Junction Temperature maximum 125 degree Celsius.
- Available in TO-220 and KTE package.