The 74HC595; 74HCT595 is an 8-bit serial-in/serial or parallel-out shift register with a storage register and 3-state outputs. Both the shift and storage register have separate clocks. The device features a serial input (DS) and a serial output (Q7S) to enable cascading and an asynchronous reset MR input.
- Serial-to-parallel data conversion.
- Remote control holding register.
- 8-bit serial input
- 8-bit serial or parallel output
- Storage register with 3-state outputs
- Shift register with direct clear
- 100 MHz (typical) shift out frequency