The ATMEGA8A-AU is an 8-bit high-performance low-power AVR RISC-based Microcontroller combines 8kB ISP flash memory with read-while-write capabilities, 512B EEPROM, 1kB SRAM, 23 general purpose I/O lines, 32 general purpose working registers, three flexible timer/counters with compare modes, internal and external interrupts, serial programmable USART, a byte-oriented.
Two-Wire serial interface, 6-channel 10-bit A/D converter, programmable watchdog timer with internal oscillator, SPI serial port and five software selectable power saving modes. The device operates between 2.7 to 5.5V. By executing powerful instructions in a single clock cycle, the device achieves throughputs approaching 1 MIPS per MHz, balancing power consumption and processing speed.
- Advanced RISC architecture ? On-chip 2-cycle multiplier.
- Peripheral features ? Byte-oriented Two-Wire serial interface.
- High endurance, non-volatile memory segments.
- Internal Calibrated RC oscillator.
- External and internal interrupt sources.
- QTouch? library support ? Capacitive touch buttons, sliders and wheels.
- Power-on reset (POR) and programmable brown-out detection
- Five sleep modes ? Idle, ADC noise reduction, power-save, power-down and standby.